- Setting up:
- For easy use THEMI does
not need any adjustments. If a flight task is available it should be entered
using the TURN-SCH.EXE program supplied with Themi.
Producing flight files:
- THEMI produces a single IGC data file of every single flight if switched
off after each flight. Because of IGC rules:
- If THEMI is not switched off after a flight
and a new flight follows, both flights will be recorded in one file !
time: ......Standard time between position records is 10 seconds.
- ...........................However THEMI will record every one second
- - the position is within a radial distance of 3000m to a point of
the programmed task,
- - or when the pilot-event-marker button is pressed and automatically
for every one of the following 40 seconds.
- Themi's memory will never have to be erased because it overwrites
older information after recording for more than 15 hours. Therefore always
the most recent 15 hours of flight are available for downloading.
Unloading and testing flight files:
- The recorded data can be transferred from THEMI to a PC using the
IGC RJ45 connector cable. The manufacturer supplied DATA-SCH.EXE program
is for unloading flight files, VALI-SCH is for testing the validity of a
file. All programs allow using the Windows operating systems, as well as
the DOS operating system.
5 May 2003
VERSION 2 OF IGC APPROVAL FOR SCHEFFEL THEMI T3.O GNSS
FLIGHT RECORDER FOR ALL IGC/FAI BADGE AND DIPLOMA FLIGHTS
(i) This document gives formal approval from the above date for the underentioned
GNSS FR equipment to be used for validation of flights under the FAL Sporting
Code Section 3 (Gliders and Motor Gliders), subject to the conditions and
notes given later. IGC reserves the right to alter this approval in the future.
Version 1 was issued on 31 October 2002 for badge flights up to Diamonds,
this Version 2 extends the IGC-approval to include all FAI/IGC Badge and Distance
THEMI - Logger